Welcome to the Library Service
The Library is open to ISLHD staff. With a wide range of resources and extensive staff expertise, the library service supports the learning, teaching and research needs of staff and students throughout the Local Health Districts. Search our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) or Contact us to a range of Library service or queries.
search for items in your holdings
NEW BOOKS AT YOUR LIBRARY
Current ISLHD Research Papers
A collection of newly published research by current ISLHD staff.
- Arnold B, Rinks M, et.al. Radiation therapist health literacy training: Does learning alternate communication methods translate into improved confidence in patient interactions? Radiography (Lond). 2020 Aug; 26(3):220-226. Doi: 10.1016/j.radi.2019.12.003. Request this article
- Haggstrom L, Parmar G, Brungs D. Central Venous Catheter Thrombosis in Cancer: A Multi-Centre Retrospective Study Investigating Risk Factors and Contemporary Trends in Management. Clin Med Insights Oncol. 2020 Aug 30; 14:1179554920953097. Doi: 10.1177/1179554920953097. Request this article
- Hodsdon A, Smith NA,al. Preoperative communication between anaesthetists and patients with obesity regarding perioperative risks and weight management: a structured narrative review. Perioper Med (Lond). 2020 Aug 13; 9: 24. Doi: 10.1186/s13741-020-00154-4. Request this article
- Knapman B, et.al. Reducing surgical site infections post-caesarean section in an Australian hospital, using a bundled care approach. Infect Dis Health. 2020 Aug; 25(3):158-167. doi:10.1016/j.idh.2020.01.006. Request this article
- Lambert K, Lau TK, Davison S, Mitchell H, Harman A, Carrie M. Does a renal diet question prompt sheet increase the patient centeredness of renal dietitian outpatient consultations? Patient Educ Couns. 2020 Aug; 103(8):1645-1649. Doi: 10.1016/j.pec.2020.03.003. Request this article
- Miller AA, et.al. Malignant esophagorespiratory fistulas: a comparative effectiveness survival analysis. BMJ Support Palliat Care. 2020 Aug 21: bmjspcare-2020-002370. Doi: 10.1136/bmjspcare-2020-002370. Request this article
- Smith P, Irvine J,al. Variation in electronic test results management and its implications for patient safety: A multisite investigation. J Am Med Inform Assoc. 2020 Aug 1; 27(8):1214-1224. Doi: 10.1093/jamia/ocaa093. Request this article
- Wilkinson D,al. Characterization of an organic semiconductor diode for dosimetry in radiotherapy. Med Phys. 2020 Aug; 47(8):3658-3668. Doi: 10.1002/mp.14229. Request this article